Volunteer Den Leaders are a vital part of the camp staff. Volunteering gives parents an opportunity to share in the camp experience with their Scout. Volunteering also reduces the camp fee for each week you volunteer. Den Leaders work with the staff and a den of 10-12 Scouts for the week. Volunteer Den Leaders will be required to attend a mandatory training session in the Spring. Volunteer opportunities are limited. Please sign up early.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: WHAT IS THE VOLUNTEER’S ROLE AT CAMP?
Volunteer Den Leaders spend a week (or more) at Treasure Valley serving as guides and providing supervision to our dens
Q: WHO CAN BE A DEN LEADER?
Any registered adult within a Pack, Troop, Crew or Post in Heart of New England Council and over the age of 18
Q: WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
- Working with home sick camper within the den
- Distracting the campers that are distracting the den
- Helping out in the different program areas while your den is there
- Leading by example
- Be a positive role model
- Above all HAVING FUN!
Q: WHEN CAN I DO THIS?
Any week that camp is in session
Q: CAN I BE A DEN LEADER FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK?
Q: WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THIS?
- Its FUN and memorable and you’ll have a great time
- You get to spend a week outdoors
- You get to spend a week away from the hustle and bustle of daily life
- You get to spend some quality time with your Scout
Q: HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST ME
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in fact we will even give you a $100 rebate per Scout per week of camp if you choose to be a Den Leader.
Q: THIS ALL SOUNDS GREAT BUT I DON’T KNOW IF I HAVE THE RIGHT TRAINING
- That’s ok we will train you
- There will be multiple training dates scheduled. We will let you know when they are.
Q: DO I HAVE TO ATTEND ALL OF THE TRAINING SESSIONS?
NO you do not have to attend all, but it is required that you do attend one. Arrangements need to be made ahead of time if you cannot make it to the training session.
Q: THIS SOUNDS GREAT WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
- Contact the Camp Director