These have been challenging times for everyone, but we’ve seen numerous examples of strength and heroism brought out by recent circumstances. To bring good cheer and recognize the creativity and resiliency displayed by our Scouts and volunteers, we’re calling all Heart of New England Scouts to show off their artistic ability in the 2020 HNE Patch Design Contest.
When things shut down, Scouts and volunteers stepped up. Your design might highlight Heroism, Scouting Strong, Scouting at Home…wherever your creativity takes you. Put your thoughts into an illustration and all Scouts might be wearing the limited-edition patch that YOU design!
Your patch design must meet the following criteria:
- The design must include HNE BSA , the year 2020 and a fleur de lis symbol.
- It must be themed to represent Scouting Strong, Scouting at Home, Heroism or similar ideas.
- Designs must be original, and may not include copyrighted photos, illustrations or renderings.
- The patch design can be in any shape, except for council shoulder patch (CSP) shape.
- Designs should be full color (no more than 9 colors) and can be in any medium (crayon, paint, computer graphics, etc).
- Contest is open to all currently registered youth Scouts in the Heart of New England Council.
- One entry per Scout is permitted.
- Parent/guardian permission is required to enter. Parent/guardian must provide contact information (name, phone number and email) as part of entry submission.
- All entries become the property of the Heart of New England Council, BSA.
How to Enter / Selecting the Winning Design:
- Scan or take a picture of your design and email it with the subject line “2020 HNE Patch Design Contest ” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a completed 2020 Design Contest Entry Form.
- The contest opens Friday May 22 and the deadline to enter is 11:59 PM on Saturday June 6.
- A committee of staff, volunteers and youth will select the final 3 designs. These will be revealed on Wednesday June 10 at our Council Program Expo.
- Each of the final 3 designs will be conceptualized by renowned local artist Andy Palladino, Eagle Scout (Troop 12 Leominster) and graduate of Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
- The winning design will be revealed on Friday, June 19. Online preorders for patches will begin that day, with a portion of patch sale proceeds benefiting local food banks.
What Do I Win?:
The Scout who submits the winning design will receive a framed case with their original artwork and a customized patch with gold border, plus 10 copies of the custom special patch. You’ll also enjoy the pride of knowing you designed the limited edition patch that all your fellow Scouts might be wearing this fall.
Submissions must be received by 11:59PM Saturday June 6
Selection of final 3 entries will be complete by Wednesday June 10
Online voting takes place from June 10 through Wednesday June 17
Winner will be notified via email Thursday June 18